PAYE Employees with other income

If you receive rental income then you must submit a tax return.

If you rent out property you will pay income tax on the difference between the rents you have charged in a tax year, less any allowable expenses and charges.  We can help you to make sure that you are claiming all of the expenses and reliefs to which you are entitled.

Knowing what maintenance and repairs can be deducted can be tricky, because there are a number of different methods that can be used depending on your circumstances.  We can discuss your options with you and make sure that you make the right choice; to optimise your tax position and fit your needs.

We can also make sure that you are claiming all of the finance costs for any loans or mortgages you have on your properties, as again, this can be a complicated area and taxpayers can miss out on valuable tax relief.

Five years ago, I invested in a rental property and as a PAYE employee I had no need for an accountant until then. Not knowing where to start, Amergin was recommended by a friend and I could not be happier. They have been so helpful and approachable and have even saved me money on tax returns!
Denise Duff
Private Client